Welcome to Gleeson & Partners
At Gleeson & Partners we appreciate the individuality of people and businesses and are committed to providing solutions tailored to suit your particular situation. We work alongside you to solve problems that arise and help you reach your financial goals.
The team of focused, friendly accountants at Gleeson & Partners offers a wide range of expertise and experience in business, taxation, financial planning, and wealth creation.
For more information on how our expertise can benefit you, contact us today!
Most Unusual Claims Disallowed by ATO.
The ATO has published the most unusual claims that were disallowed in the last financial year.
Some of the most outrageous claims were:
• Lego sets - A taxpayer claimed the cost of children's Lego kits purchased throughout the year. Others claimed for sporting equipment or membership fees for their child athletes.
• Vehicles - Many taxpayers tried to claim the purchase of a brand-new car, with these claims in excess of $20,000 each.
• Child support - One taxpayer made a claim for "the cost of raising twins", while another claimed for the "cost of raising three children". Other taxpayers claimed school uniforms, before school care, and school fees and expenses.
• Medical expenses - Many taxpayers used "other deductions" to make claims for dental or medical care.
• Wedding reception - A taxpayer claimed the cost of their wedding reception.